CRITERIA for Application
• Proficiency in English is essential as all subjects are taught in English.
• Applicants must receive a minimum of 50% for both English and mathematics in the June Examinations
• Applicants from outside SA must be in possession of the necessary study permits
IMPORTANT STEPS TO FOLLOW:
• Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the school on 049-8910262
• If all Criteria are met and the Application form is correctly completed, please return forms to the school.
• You will be invited to attend an interview SHOULD your Application meet our entrance criteria.
• Further information will be provided at the interview.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED BY U.H.S.
• Copy of your child's birth certificate, which must display the ID Number.
• Copy of the most recent school report
• A testimonial/reference from your child's present school
• Copies of both parents ID's
• Copy of the ID of the person paying school fees (if not the parents)
• Copy of both parents' latest pay sheets (Should you be self-employed, we require a letter from you accountant, or a copy of your latest bank statement(s)
• Copy of the latest pay sheet of the person responsible for paying the school fees (if not the parents)
• A letter from both employers confirming your employment and reflecting your employer's contact details.
• Copy of your latest municipal account which reflects your residential address as well as proof of postal address
• Copy of front and back of Medical Aid card (if applicable)
PLEASE NOTE that all documents must be handed in/posted to the school prior to an interview being arranged.
preference will be given to siblings, except where this is not in the best interests of the child;
preference will be given to applicants who reside in the hostel or to whom the Union Schools are the nearest schools, provided that applications are submitted before the closing date for applications;
preference will be given to applicants who have a record of success in identified areas;
preference will be given to applicants with a record of involvement or who demonstrate an interest in one or more of the cultural or sporting activities which form part of the Union Schools' extra-curricular programme;
the capacity of the school to provide an acceptable quality of education to the applicant (where applicants have special needs);
the age of the pupil (the grade number plus 6 will be the general cut-off point);
whether or not the applicant is a child of a past pupil of Union High.
reserves the right to: